I purchased my sofa set from Room Place in 2007 and also paid money at that time to purchase their fabric protection warranty.

I filed my first warranty claim in May of 2009 with their warranty agency called Stainsafe. It was one of the most difficult experiences dealing with this company.

It took me several calls of follow up week after week to get through each stage of the process, filing, inspection scheduling, processing, repair ordering. They were the most rude and incompetent customer service people I had encountered.

Finally after several of these interactions I had got to the stage where their technician had ocme out inspected my sofa and informed them of the replacement parts required to complete the repairs. They told me that I should recieve the letter about the scheduled repairs by mail in a week.

I waited for more than a month and then followed up to find out that the company is out of business and that i had to now deal directly with the Roomplace service department. I called Roomplace and explained this situation again on the 14th of September, 2009. The customer service technician said that the warranty manager will review this and respond to me within a week.

So now on the 21st of September the week is over and I call back. Now a new technician comes on the line and tells me that they do not know what the parts are that need to be replaced and that no workorder was placed by Stainsafe that went out of business. When I ask her to expedite this and explained that I have been following up on this for almost 5 months now and I am getting nowhere, she said that this is only a courtesy on their part and it is because Stainsafe went out of business. I was shocked by that attitude,I told her that I purchased the product and warranty from Roomplace and I am not concerned with which thrid party they outsource their warranty to. Don't you think this is your company's responsibility? She said no this is a courtesy and that I need to wait for 14 days from the date of filing with them to get a response. So now after five months on a simple issue like a sofa repair I have gotten nowhere with this company and I do not see any added effort on their part to get this resolved either. I have run out of patience in dealing with them.

Review about: Harlem Furniture Sofa.

Had an Experience with Harlem Furniture?

Comments