Do not buy the insurance on the furniture at The Room Place.It is a rip off.

The furniture from there is ***. Even if you report the furniture damaged the will not cover it. They told me they were ordering new tops to the dresser and night stand. I waited 8 weeks and no one ever got back to me.

I never received a call. Now they are saying that it is denied. They Suck!!!!

I think I will stand in front of their store and tell people to elsewhere for their furniture.I hope no one else will get screwed like us!!!

Had an Experience with Harlem Furniture?

Comments

I agree do not buy there insurance it's a rip off they never answer and when they do they say they will send someone out well someone shows up with a clip board and a pen.They didn't do anything and then they said it was discontinued and I could get a 150 dollar store credit.

Now why in the *** would I want a store credit when I wasn't happy with there service. Oh and dnt ever do a live chat on line with them there useless they couldn't answer my question so they terminated the chat. This is ridiculous. I spent $80 dollars for a warranty and nothing was done.

And I also purchased the bed protection plan for 50 well the bed had a stain and all they did was send a mattress sheet really Wtf. So yea my stain is still there. If u want to throw away your money get there insurance. Oh and the number to the insurance protection place went out of business a week after I purchased the protection plan.

There super nice when they want u to buy but when something goes wrong there unprofessional and very rude.Buyers beware.

Don't waste your money @ the room place.I spent $3000 on a sectional that the cushions sank to the frame in less than 6 mon.

Stitching looks horrible. I called before the year warranty was up, they sent some *** w/muddy shoes to my house 2wks later to take pics of the furniture.

Another 2wks later they told me normal wear & tear isn't covered.I would expect "cheap" furniture to have some problems, but I was ripped off $3000 for my CHEAP furniture!

#152059

I AGREE!I BOUGHT THE INSURANCE FOR MY FURNITURE AND A YEAR LATER CALLED THEM BECAUSE ONE OF MY CHAIRS BROKE AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THOSE CHAIRS WERE DISCONTINUED!

WHY SELL INSURANCE WHEN THEY KNOW THE FURNITURE WILL BE DISCONTINUED?THEY OFFER ME A GIFT CARD MORE THAN 3 MONTHS AGO AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING!

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #121279

I agree with everything said here...DO NOT BUY at the room place and if you do don't let them talk you into a 5 year leather protection program. My story is so familar to all these others that I won't tell it in detail. I only wish I researched this rip-off place before I spent 5,000 there.

I think we should get a group with some signs and picket our way back to a refund !!!! Right in front of the store! Maybe it will gather the media.

I agree DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM THE ROOM PLACE.We purchased a Dinette Set last April of 2009 with a 5 year warranty on the table and chairs.

I called to report the side of the table falling off ( which was a manufacture defect.)We all know you have 5 days to report the problem. They had me set up for a guy to come out the next week. He never showed at the right time and I called the main office. She said because I didn't answer the day before he wasn't coming out.

I had a knock at the door about 5 minutes after I hung up and it was the furniture guy. He walked in very unprofessional, and we asked him to take his shoes off. He then proceeded to the table to see where the damage was done and walked away. My husband and I was just looking at each other, like why did he walk away.

He said we'll be calling you. We didn't get a call back in over a month. I called them and she said they would be sending a letter out. We waited for the letter we got weeks later.

It asked us to provide them with pictures if we wanted to dispute the case. They said they could not cover something that was not reported within 5 day. I told her it was. She then said, well...there are multiple things wrong with the table.

I said name them...she started to name them. I said, did your worker take pictures to prove what he said was right? She said, well no...I said then it's his word against mine. I mailed her the pictures, they viewed them and still said they...

Now this table is under a manufactured warranty for 1 year. I bought in April called in November. We even took the pictures to the office.. had the managers agree with us it should be taken care of.They even went as far to e-mail the pictures to the main office, to help us.

Today is March 5,2010 and they still will not help us. Now where does that leave us with family coming to eat on special occasions and the side of the table falling apart. If they won't cover the 1 year warranty, what good is it to have a 5 year Insurance plan. They have our money now and we just wanted them to refund our 5 year Insurance plan,and they won't even do that.

Now we are stuck with a table that can't be fixed, with a 5 year Insurance plan, that we can't use. We are basically screwed out of our money.

BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!DON"T LET THEM FOOL YOU :(