I purchased a dining set and an entertainment unit four yrs ago.I only purchased the warranty because I was told everything was covered.

Well I called today, 7/17/12, to have someone come out to repair my furniture and was told that the warranty company went bankrupt in 2009. Harlem prorated my warranty and I was issued a check for $23.56 after paying $160.00 for a warranty. Now I have to find someone to repair my table and entertainment unit and of course pay them. Harlem needs to better train their sales people.

What ever you do, NEVER PURCHASE THE WARRANTY.EVER!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Harlem Furniture?

Comments

Hello anonymous,

This is Jasmine (VP of Customer Loyalty). I totally understand the disappointment as we are dishearten as well by the bankruptcy of the provider of the warranty, Stainsafe. Regretfully, we were not informed if any notification or refunds of the warranty purchased through the third party were sent or communicated to Customers.

As such, and because we value our Customers, we have elected to assist where possible with the concerns. I am sorry that the pro-rated refund did not meet with your expectations however unable to determine whether the warranty was ever exercised or refunded through Stainsafe prior to them going out of business, we feel that this is a reasonable offer of assistance.

At time of purchase, the store provides a sales receipt, which lists items and extended warranty purchases (if any) along with the Certificate of coverage and exclusions. My apology if there was any miscommunication as this was certainly not intentional. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this concern further and ask that you email me at jsakic@theroomplace.com. With gratitude, Jasmine