Delivery was a little late, no big deal.Sectional was too big for area we ordered it for, it smelled very bad strong chemical odor,just a bad fit and we wanted to return and or exchange.

Called customer service, they would not even consider working something out. It had been four days since it was delivered and the policy is you must request return within there days. Friday Delivery, mothers day weekend and on Tuesday we decide we really don't want this and call in the morning of the fourth day, they respond with sorry about your luck. I will visit the store today and see if the local store has the same attitude, if so than all I can say is sorry about your reputation Home Place and Harlem Furniture.

The sectional is over stuffed, over priced and smells very bad.

The underside was slightly torn during delivery and that was also just too bad.I think this is one of those buyer beware deals and I will make sure that the buyers at this store are aware.

Review about: Harlem Furniture Sofa.

Had an Experience with Harlem Furniture?

Comments

Cathy,

I wish I had read the fine print.We called first thing on Tuesday morning (they open at ten) and the policy is that you must come to the store in person no later than 5PM three calendar days after delivery.

So this company rejoices that they bet another customer.I wonder want their excuses would have been if we had been there a few hours earlier.

If you contacted them first within the time appropriate time frame and have approriate documentation take them to small claims court.But you must have the proper documentation.

If you called you must have proof you called. The name of the the person you spoke when, the date and time. Even better if you called on a cell phone and can produce a copy of your cell phone records. Especially if there is an odor and a rip they should at least compensate for that.

If not sell it on e-bay.Maybe you can get your money back and then get something that will fit.

update, went to the store and found the manager (corporate drone) to have nothing to say except I can only do what the company says I must follow the polices, like a bad remake of the body snatchers. I am out 1200 bucks and this store is out one customer for sure. Please do not shop the room place and sent this company packing bat to Chicago.