:( I recently bought some furniture from The Room Place on May 31, 2008.I asked for it to be delivered on July 1st.

The salesman assured me that it wouldnt be a problem for it to be delivered so far in advance. I asked a few times just to make sure. He again assured me that it would be available.

I call on June 23, 2008 to see if my order can be delivered earlier...the rep told me that it was on back order and it wouldnt be available until the middle of July. I speak with the store manager and he assured me that he will get an order on Friday June 27 and I will have furniture.

I wasn't to sold on his solution, so I call the corporate office in Chicago. I speak with a manager and she informed me that there isnt a shipment going out...

I go back in the store the following day and all they could offer me was furniture up to $1000...there wasnt anything that i liked so i setteled for a set...after i left the store i did some more shopping around and found some furniture.

I go back to the Room Place to get a refund and they say they aren't going to be able to cut me a check until next Tuesday July 2...i have talked with numerous personnel and they arent trying to meet me half way by any means...Terrible situation...

Had an Experience with Harlem Furniture?

Comments

THANKS FOR THE INFO. ON THE ROOM PLACE I WAS JUST GOING TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY THERE THEY SOUND LIKE VALUE CITY FURNITURE NOTHING BUT JUNK I DONT NEED MORE PROBLEMS THANKS FOR THE WORNING

dont feel bad they screw everyone ,my couch fell apart sent a repair man over and said he couldnt fix it ,after 6 months after i bought , so they wanted me to go half on another piece,

Hodges, South Carolina, United States #21486

To the guy who purchased $6000 worth of furniture from Harlem.First of all, this is a discount furniture store.

It's not "Fine Furniture" If you want Quality furniture, go to Plunkets or Smith Brothers or Macy's. Just be prepared to pay the price for it.

You get what you pay for and that includes the type of service you get.Kapeesh!